About Advanced Eyecare
Advanced Eyecare has served the greater Kansas City area with exceptional family eye care since 1950. From its humble beginnings above a drug store in Raytown, Advanced Eyecare has grown to include three state of the art offices in Cass and Jackson counties. These include Advanced Eyecare Raytown near the location of the original individual private office in Raytown, Advanced Eyecare South near Belton and Raymore, and Blue Springs Optical in Blue Springs.
The optometrists, technicians, opticians, and the entire staff of our eye care centers are highly trained, compassionate, and dedicated to helping their patients to see the beauty of the world clearly. In addition to our patient services, we participate in numerous clinical studies for advances in eye care and condition diagnoses.
Our Family Eye Care
In today’s world, technology is constantly evolving, and we strive to stay at the leading edge of those innovations. To achieve this, we provide a number of advanced testing methods and treatments. These include LipiScan testing for dry eye treatment, eye surgery co-management, Visual Fields testing, Optos Digital Imaging, Fundus photography, and more.
Eye Conditions Treated
Some of the most common conditions treated by our optometrist are those that cause disturbance to the vision without any underlying disease. This includes corrective lenses for myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness).
Other common conditions that affect the eye and are treated by our exceptional optometry team include:
- Cataracts: This condition is common in older adults and needs to be addressed by a professional to prevent complete loss of vision.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: A condition affecting the retina of the eye due to blood vessel damage from uncontrolled diabetes.
- Glaucoma: If untreated, this condition can cause total blindness with few warning symptoms. Our doctors can locate and manage this condition to prevent that from happening.
- Macular Degeneration: Related to age, this condition slowly steals the patient’s vision completely.
- Astigmatism: Blurry vision caused by this condition involving the curvature of the eye can often be corrected through the use of prescription lenses or LASIK surgery.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: Prescription eye drops can help this condition that causes eye strain along with burning and itching. This is quite common in today’s age of electronic screen use.
Our Eye Doctors
We have a number of experienced professional doctors and support staff at Advanced Eyecare to offer our patients the best optical service at all three offices. Our eye doctors include Dr. Lawrence Reed who has provided family eye care at Advanced Eyecare since 1980. Leading a team that includes more than five equally well-trained eye doctors and an extensive support system, he and the entire staff of Advanced Eyecare provide outstanding vision services.
Schedule an Appointment Today!